Need a quick dinner idea? Have little time but want lots of flavor? Do you have a pound of shrimp or chicken and a green vegetable handy? Let’s do this.
COCONUT-CHILI SHRIMP & SNOW PEA BROWN RICE RISOTTO
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, or 1 lb chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bag ready to eat snow peas, or 2 cups other green vegetable (broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, etc.)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chili garlic paste, such as Huy Fong
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (or increase chili garlic paste by 1/2-1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 scallion, sliced (optional)
- juice of a lime (optional)
Heat the coconut oil in a deep saucepan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp or chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink (3 minutes for shrimp, 5 minutes for chicken). Remove the cooked shrimp or chicken to a plate and add the coconut milk, chili paste, salt, and red curry paste to the pan; bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer, allowing the sauce to reduce to about half. Add your green veggie and cook 1 minute more. Stir in the rice, shrimp or chicken, and lime juice, stirring to combine, and cook two minutes more (or until rice is hot). Top with sliced scallion and serve! Easy snow-peasy!