Recently, a reader asked why I have posted only one true breakfast recipe. The answer is, I usually blend a protein smoothie for myself and throw it in a blender bottle in the morning- it’s a fast, portable meal that keeps me full for hours, and the protein is timed well after morning workouts. Posting variations of the same smoothie would be boring, but I thought I’d share the basics.
My favorite combo is:
PB & CHOCOLATE BANANA SMOOTHIE
- 2-3 scoops chocolate protein powder (your choice- whey, soy, both, other)
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- water (1 1/2- 2 cups)
Directions: blend all ingredients well, for about 2 minutes in a food processor. Pour and serve.
But this morning, I made:
VANILLA-BLUEBERRY FLAX SMOOTHIE
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (whey or vegan)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 cups water Read More