This week, I’m joining in on the fun of Heather’s blog hop over at Beauty That Moves, where bloggers share snaps of the weekly hustle and bustle in their kitchens. What was shakin’ in my kitchen this week? Spicy turkey taco bowls, a childhood favorite for breakfast, fresh fruit and melons, and a Whole 30– friendly meal for friends who are about 17 days into their Whole 30 journey. Regrettably, no photos were taken of the Whole 30 meal- we were too busy cooking and cleaning in anticipation of our company and my camera was on the back burner, so to speak. And then we ate all of the leftovers… I will tell you what we made, though; menu and links to recipes below. It was all very simple, fresh, and tasty. Yum, yum.
Bowls seem to be a theme this week in my kitchen…
Clockwise, from top:
Grandma’s marble grapes
Morning kitchen: melons, books, and do we need more bottles?
Whole 30 Dinner Menu
- Pork tenderloin roast with sugar-free, salt-free Thai Garden seasoning and roasted pineapple
- Cauliflower rice with garlic, fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, parsley, chives), and lemon juice. Topped with roasted yellow crookneck squash slices
- Stewed zucchini and tomatoes (tomato sauce and sugar omitted, add dried basil and thyme)
- Sweet potatoes roasted with coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and kosher salt
- Watermelon smoothie with mint and no lime
Lots of roasting going on that night. What was cooking in your kitchen this week?